August 3, 2009

Cupcake Madness

Madness indeed! But fun none the less. I had planned a few months before the family reunion to be in charge of one family activity. Decorating cupcakes didn't seem to be to large of a project, one that young and old would enjoy and something I could pull off being nine months pregnant. The previous day on our way to sight see Old Faithful I kept having contractions in the car. Cory, thankfully, stepped up and took a very eager six year old into Jackson to pick up the cupcakes from a local bakery. He and Gabriel also went to grocery store to pick up the last bit of candy and frosting while they were in town. I could not have done this project with out the both of them! Gabriel kept calling it "Cupcake Day!!!" The family had a blast and it was great to see how silly people got. Creativity ran amok as did sugar-high children. All in all I deemed it a success.

  • My Super Helper Mr. Trevor & His Amazing Shark... Oh wait! It's a whale.
  • My creation was a Sad Little Panda that fell over.
  • Terra's Kick Ass Flower Cupcakes
  • Cory's version of a light bulb. Uncle Todd's reply... "Sure it's a light bulb. If you're high."
  • Gabriel and Keegan enjoyed heaping on as much candy and frosting as they could manage onto their cupcakes.
  • Claire-Bear's Orange Sweets
  • Lauren's sheep on a hill of grass w/ flower's. This girl is talented with frosting!
  • Laurissa rocked it with her owl and pumpkin!
  • A smiley face says it all!
  • Morgan+Stroller+Sleeping Babe=Cupcake Surprise!
  • I don't know what it was, except yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Those SERIOUSLY rocked!!! I had no idea cupcake decorating could be so fun and engaging. You guys did a fabulous job and everyone had a blast. Thanks for pulling this off days before your daughter came into the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was REALLY fun. I still need to go out and buy that book, if anything, just to look at the pictures. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete